Summertime is the time of year for lighter foods, in fact, most folks will lose a pound or two during those months. For a light snack, I suggest munching on a few of these. After all, keeping trim, toned and tan doesn’t mean we can’t eat well, right?
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Bruschetta
- 2 garlic heads, whole
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp. plus dash salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. plus dash pepper, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 24 slices crusty Italian or French bread, 1/2-inch thick
Cut top 1/3 off each garlic head, exposing cloves. Place on foil; drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over heads and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, basil, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl; set aside.
Squeeze garlic out of skins. Mix garlic, cream cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet; spread garlic mixture over one side of each slice; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with tomato mixture and remaining cheese.