A versatile recipe for an all-purpose dressing or marinade, suitable for practically any type of cuisine.
Balsamic Vinegar & Oil Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, mashed to pulp with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in an empty wine carafe (or a suitable vessel) and shake the ingredients vigorously until well blended. Refrigerate unused portion.
Makes about 3/4 cup or 1/3 pint.